Regular Grant Cycle (RGC)Apply Now
SPF believes that general operating support grants provide key organizational capacity building, particularly for small to midsize community-based organizations tackling social, environmental and economic justice issues in the rural South. Regular Grants Cycle awards have helped organizations increase their capacity to address a variety of issues including:
- Education Reform,
- Immigration Rights
- Voter Engagement and Mobilization
- Economic Reform,
- Environmental Justice and Restoration,
- Juvenile Justice and Prison Reform,
- Healthcare Reform and Disability Rights,
- LGBTQ empowerment
- Labor rights,
- Women and Youth empowerment.
Southern Partners Fund’s grantee partners strive to transform their communities from within by building sustainable and lasting movements towards reversing inequities in the rural South. Every day people are tackling huge problems in their own backyards through efforts to alleviate the effects of poverty, lack of resources, and poorly performing education systems that persist in these areas. Citizens are engaged and individuals are empowered through the hard work and prevailing spirit of the people who make up the fabric of these grassroots community organizations. SPF is proud to partner with such extraordinary organizations through the Regular Grants Cycle Awards.
Regular Grant Cycle - Request For Proposal Release Date: March 25, 2019Proposal Submission Deadline: May 9, 2019
A. Please click this link for information and to download the Request for Proposal.
B. Please click this link for information and to download the Application.
- Applicants may request general operating support or project support. During this cycle, Southern Partners Fund (SPF) will not consider grants to organizations with operating budgets over $350,000 for general operating support. If the budget is over $350,000 an organization may apply for project support.
- The review process includes a site visit interview for organizations new to Southern Partners Fund. A phone interview organizations that are grantees of Southern Partners Fund. Organizations under consideration will be contacted by a Grants Committee member to schedule a site visit interview or phone interview.
- The Grants Committee will meet to discuss proposals and make grant decisions. During this meeting, the Committee will discuss the application, additional documents submitted by the applicant and any additional information gathered during site and/or phone visit.
- Applicants will typically receive notification of the board’s decision after October 15, 2019.
- All organizations that are selected for grants must submit final reports. All new organizations that are selected for grants must submit final reports on the use of the grant, as described in their application. All outstanding final reports must be received by SPF before a new request is considered.
- Organizations that have been funded for 5 consecutive years through the Regular Grants Cycle must sit out one cycle before they are allowed to apply again. If your organization is unsure about your status, please contact the Programs Office at [email protected]. This policy does not include special initiative, justice fund, or discretionary cycles.
- Grant awards will range from $5,000 to $15,000.